Congratulations to our project teams and numerous partners from Soprema’s Woodstock factory, the Grand théâtre de Québec and the Quad Windsor Skybridge, as well as our partner on Humaniti and many other projects, Félix Bédard, from Elema.
The Quebec chapter of the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) recognized Lemay in the following categories yesterday:
- Outside Quebec Buildings – Soprema factory (Woodstock, ON)
- This project’s steel base building structure made it possible to integrate huge indoor spans while supporting both suspended and roof-mounted manufacturing equipment. Steel components support the sunshades and gigantic outdoor silos while high-quality steel design features help to communicate company values.
- Building - Renovation – Grand théâtre de Québec (Quebec, QC)
- Constructability, seismic standards and ease of maintenance inspired this highly customized solution for an independent steel structure that greatly reduces the structural loads on the building’s innovative new glass casing.
- Stairs - Architectural Walkway – Quad Windsor Skybridge (Montreal, QC)
- The concept’s steel structure enables it to impact the ground plane as little as possible with a single, central column. Without additional columns, sidewalk traffic remains unhindered and the iconic walkway appears sculptural and light.
The Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) is Canada’s voice for the steel construction industry. The awards celebrate excellence and innovation in steel design.